- *** Equipment Hire ***
- *** NEW PRODUCTS ***
- Cable, Antenna and Spectrum Analyzers
- CD, PMD and OSA
- Cybercrime Security
- Design Service
- Fibre Connectors
- FTTP Fibre To The Premises
- Monitoring Systems
- Network Testing
- Optical Fault Locators
- Optical Meters
- Optical Sources
- Optical Visual Fault Locators
- RF Power Meters and Signal Generators
- SDH, SONET, GigE and Digital Test
- Strippers and Cleavers
- Telepresence Robot
- Vector Network Analysers
- Wireless, WLAN and Radio Testers
F6121A Hand-held Optical Fiber Identifier
The Wilcom Model F6121A Optical Fiber Identifier is a rugged, easy-to-use installation and maintenance instrument which identifies optical fibers by detecting the optical signals being transmitted through a singlemode fiber. By using local detection technology (nondestructive macro-bend detection which does not damage or overstress the fiber), the unit eliminates the need to open the fiber at the splice point for identification; eliminating the probability of interrupting service.
The Optical Fiber Identifier detects low frequency tones at 270 Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz. When traffic is present on the fiber under test, an audible tone can be heard as well as the traffic direction which is indicated by LEDs illuminating on the probe.
During installations, maintenance, rerouting, or restorations it is often necessary to isolate a specific fiber without disrupting service. A light source such as Wilcom\'s Model FS1316 used in conjunction with the Optical Fiber Identifier can make the job a lot easier.
The Optical Fiber Identifier includes a carrying pouch containing three easy to use field interchangeable adapter heads to accommodate; 900 μm buffered fiber, ribbon or 250μm coated fiber and 3mm jacketed fiber.
- Rugged Metal Case - The F6121A uses the same field proven lightweight rugged metal housing as the rest of Wilcom\'s Optical FIber Identifier product line.
- 850nm to 1700nm Range - With the use of integral InGaAs detectors, the unit can be used on singlemode and multimode applications.
- Audible Tone - The unit provides an audible tone in the presence of a fiber optic signal.
- Tone Detection - The F6121A can detect 270Hz, 1kHz and 2kHz tones for easy fiber cable identification
- LED Indication - LEDs indicate tone detection, Traffic presence, Traffic Direction, and Low Battery.
- Hands-Free-Operation - With an easy to use thumb lock, hands-free operation can be enabled and disabled.